Performances: February 28 - March 16, 2014
Auditions: January 12 & 13, 2014
Fridays & Saturdays @8PM
a non-profit corporation that relies on volunteer support to continue to serve our community
Congrats to the new cast of Wit!
You can pick up your scripts at the theatre on Thursday from 5:30PM-8PM.
First read-through will be at the theatre on Tuesday at 7PM.
Vivian Bearing, Ph.D., a renowned professor of English who has spent years studying and teaching the brilliant and difficult metaphysical sonnets of John Donne, has been diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer. Her approach to the study of Donne: aggressively probing, intensely rational. But during the course of her illness—and her stint as a prize patient in an experimental chemotherapy program at a major teaching hospital—Vivian comes to reassess her life and her work with a profundity and humor that are transformative both for her and the audience.
Winner of the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
Winner of the Lucille Lortel Award for Best Play.
(Please note the ages listed are for guidance. Any suggested ages listed reflect approximate age ranges for the characters in the story, not the age an actor must be to play a role. Actors will be considered for roles that the director feels can believably play the age of the character.)
- Vivian Bearing, Ph.D. – 50 years old, a professor of seventeenth-century poetry at the university, diagnosed with ovarian Cancer.
- Harvey Kelekian, M.D. – 50-60 years old, chief of medical oncology at the University Hospital
- Jason Posner, M.D. – 28 years old, a clinical fellow at the Medical Oncology Branch, former student in Vivian's class
- Susie Monahan, R.N., B.S.N. - 28 years old, Vivian's primary nurse in the cancer in-patient unit
- E.M. Ashford, D.Phil. – 65-80 years old, professor emerita of English literature, Vivian's former professor in college
- Mr Bearing, Vivian's father- age 40-60
- Laboratory technicians, Clinical Fellows, Students, Code team - ages 20-40
- ProducerJohn Berlo
- DirectorDawn Berlo
- Stage Manager
- House Manager
- Technical Design
- Vivian Bearing, Ph. DNancy Powell
- Harvey Kelekian, M. D.Evan Weisman
- Jason Posner, M. D.Jeff Haynes
- Susie Monahan, R. N., B.S.N.Mary Elizabeth Dailey
- E.M. Ashford, D. Phil.Pam Duncan
- Lab Techs/Clinical Fellows/Students/Code Team
- Katie Bates
- Dusty Britt
- Rebecca Carrico
Amanda Riley Special Performance Production Poster